With a well-stocked first aid kit, you can feel confident to respond to common injuries and emergencies at home or on the go. We recommend keeping one first-aid kit in your home and one in each car. According to the American Red Cross, below are the top 10 most essential items to have in your first aid box to be prepared for emergencies.
We’ve taken this important information and created this handy infographic. Save it in your favorites, share it with your friends and loved ones and print it out to make sure you have these essentials on hand when you need them most.
Share This Infographic On Your Site
First Aid Box Checklist
1. Adhesive bandages in a variety of sizes
2. Sterile gauze pads in various sizes and cloth adhesive tape to secure them
3. Latex-free disposable gloves, to protect you from bodily fluids or other matter (latex-free material prevents potential allergic reactions)
5. Thermometer (the digital variety is safest)
6. Triple-antibiotic ointment (such as Neosporin)
7. Antiseptic wipes
8. First-aid instructions
9. Topical antihistamines and aspirin (or some other type of over-the-counter pain reliever recommended by your doctor)
10. A face mask to protect you from germs or bodily fluids when administering CPR
Check and stock the kit regularly for working batteries, expiration dates and update personal items such as emergency phone numbers and medications. You can assemble your own first aid box with the flexibility to tailor it based on your specific needs or purchase one at your local drugstore.
Basic First Aid Training Class At Oceanside CPR
Consider taking a basic first aid training class at Oceanside CPR . Our program is an excellent choice for both the community and workplace setting and is consistent with recommendations of the 2010 National First Aid Science Advisory Board and OSHA’s best practices for first aid training programs in the workplace.
As CPR instructors with over 25 years of experience, we are able to provide a relaxed and comfortable teaching environment, no matter what class you are looking for. Our goal is to prepare people with the confidence so they can perform CPR in any life-threatening emergency – Without Hesitation! Whether you are interested in attending a class, scheduling an on-site training or just have a general question, please don’t hesitate to contact us at (732) 616-2407.